Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Support Your Local Organic Farmers

I'm always so excited when I see a new organic farmer pop up in our area.  Living in SoCal, I am fortunate enough to have year round farmer's markets and a number of organic produce vendors to buy from.  But, because of our location, it has been difficult to find any local organic chicken farms...until now!  I was thrilled to discover Living Earth Ranch, a very new start up organic chicken farm!  I baked one of their 8 pound chickens last night that was fresh, never frozen, and it was absolutely amazing!  I'm so happy to be able to support this local farm and hope there are some other locals in the San Diego area who will do the same.  It's hard work being a farmer and I am so grateful to all those who farm organically and sustainably so that I can buy quality organic produce.  So, if you can, look around your area and support those who are growing organic and seeking to provide their customers with nutrient dense, safe foods.  (Did you know that organic foods typically are more nutrient dense than their commercial counterparts?)
Butter, garlic cloves, and rosemary under the skin, and stuffed with some lemon, then salted with pink salt! Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment