Monday, February 13, 2012

Cardamom

Last week I posted this recipe for a delicious, medicinal chai.  One of my favorite ingredients is cardamom, as it helps add depth and intensity of taste to my chai recipe.
Photo credit: guerlain.pl

Cardamom has many wonderful health benefits, which include:

*detoxifying benefits
*digestive aid and helps with stomach discomfort, including a reduction in acid
*a good source of minerals like calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese and copper
*the pods are a good source of vitamins that include vit. C and vit. B
*helps to cleanse the kidneys and strengthen the urinary tract system
*improves the circulation of the lungs and can be helpful for treating asthma
*can help to reduce depression



Photo Credit: bigoven.com

1 comment:

  1. I love the flavor of cardamom. I was telling my mother about that when I got ready to move across the country from her and she told me to take a glass jar of whole cardamom that was sitting in her cupboard. She jokingly said it was probably as old as me. I laughed and brought it with me. I have used about half of them already. I am sure they have no nutrition left, but there is still flavor in those ancient pods.

    ReplyDelete