Friday, June 15, 2012

Whole Foods Friday - Our Breakfast Menu

Before I start this post, I want to be clear:  I LOVE my grains!  We eat all kinds in this house; soft wheat, kamut, spelt, rye, barley, teff, amaranth, and oats.  But, I have been wanting to cut back a little on our grain consumption, so I came up with a Monday-Friday grain free breakfast Menu.

It's really easy!

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, we have breakfast shakes.  I put all kinds of things in our shakes.  Here are some ideas:

*yogurt
*raw milk
*EFA oil blend
*green's mix (mine includes alfalfa, wheat grass, beet root, spirulina, cholorella, and spinach)
*bananas
*strawberries
*blueberries
*apricots
*raspberries
*colostrum powder (when we are under the weather)
*whey protein
*avacado
*chia seeds
*pumpkin seeds
*sunflower seeds
*cultured fruits I have made
*cultured ginger root
*lettuce or other salad greens
*coconut milk
*coconut concentrate
*coco powder
*Sealogica

It's really amazing what you can hide in a shake.  My toddler eats them with us and it's a great way to get some super nutrition into him.

Tuesdays and Thursdays are my omelette days.  I like to add various veggies to our eggs such as onion, swiss chard, zucchini, and mushrooms.  Sometimes I will add cheese and some turkey bacon or chicken sausage.

Saturday and Sunday are our grain breakfasts.  I love making pancakes, or sourdough breakfast cake, or fruit cobblers.  They are perfect for the weekends.

I would love to hear any other grain free breakfast ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment