Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nutritional Herbology - A Book Review

I wish I found this book a lot sooner!  Nutritional Herbology by Mark Pedersen is quickly becoming one of my favorite "go to" books.  It can be found on amazon and in my opinion is worth every cent!  Why do I like this book so much?

Nutritional Herbology : A Reference Guide to Herbs


*It covers a large number of herbs

*Each herb's folk history, use, and medicinal properties are concisely and clearly discussed

*It has a nutritional profile *LOVE THIS* - I think this is my favorite part of the book. I love being able to see the vitamin and mineral content.  This is especially helpful if you are like me and do not take a standard multivitamin, but choose herbs and other supplements instead

*This book has doses for each herb...Yay!  This can be tough to find in many herbal books.

*Medicinal properties and chemical constituents are described.  This is especially helpful for the herbalist.

*Traditional formulas and herbal combinations are given, along with a description of why these herbs are combined.

*The beginning of the book has a few sections describing herbal classifications and nutrients in herbs and foods, giving lists of where the best sources can be found.

I highly recommend this book for those just starting to dabble with herbs and those who have been using herbs for a long time.  The information in this book is invaluable.

Disclaimer:  I am an affiliate for amazon.  Accessing and ordering from their site through my blog is much appreciated and helps keeps this blog going.

No comments:

Post a Comment