Monday, April 30, 2012

Great Post on Cloth Diapering

Yup!  I'm a cloth diapering mama!  I have been doing it for 2 1/2 years and I love seeing more and more of my friends hopping on the bandwagon.  I saw a post today by Cheeky Bums Blog that I thought was very helpful for those who are looking to get into cloth diapering.


You can read the Cheeky Bums Blog post HERE.


I personally have used organic prefolds with simple organic cotton covers (started out with wool, but my son had a sensitivity to it).  I, too, use the Thirsties pre-wash and super wash for washing my diapers.  I am very happy with my decision to cloth diaper, not only to save money, but because of the many chemical dangers that come from using disposable diapers, which you read in detail about on Cheeky Bums Blog post - some interesting information new to me about the harm disposable diapers can cause baby boys in terms of future sperm production.

organic prefold diapers
Picture of the prefolds I use bought from www.greenmountaindiapers.com  

Is it more work to do cloth than disposable; are there days (especially as I am cleaning poo off a cloth diaper) that I wish I could just use disposables?  Yes to both questions - and this is normal!  Cleaning poo off cloth diapers is not fun, but I would not trade cloth for disposables.  Sacrifices are often necessary for keep your kids safe and this is one sacrifice I am happy to make!


1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for the shout out! I have those exact same prefolds from Green Mountain and love them! All the best1 - kelsi @ cheeky bums

    ReplyDelete