Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Grapefruit Essential Oil

This oil has become a frequent flyer at my home!  I love this oil...it's fresh and sweet and makes me think of bright sunny summer days.

Photo Credit: PittmanDavis.com

Grapefruit essential oil is good for so many things!  Some of it's benefits include:

*improves sluggish digestion
*improves a sluggish lymph system
*helps with depression
*helps to ease PMS
*helps with detoxing the body

Photo Credit: caloriesinagrapefruit.com


There are many more benefits, but those are some of my favorites.  This is a great oil to add to your home medicine box because it's inexpensive and has so many healing benefits.  I love to use it in baths (see here for one of my favorite bath recipes) and recently I had a cold and my glands in my neck were starting to get swollen and sore.  I took one teaspoon of olive oil and added 2-3 drops of grapefruit essential oil, stirring well with my finger.  I then rubbed a little of that oil on my glands and neck and up behind my ears.  Within an hour the pain and swelling was gone!

*As with all essential oils, please check with you health care provider before you use them if you are pregnant and nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment