Sunday, December 11, 2011

A Recipe for Relaxation

With my hormones a little haywire yesterday, I needed some PMS relief.  I tried this lovely essential oil recipe about 2 hours before going to bed and felt like a new woman!  This eased my tension, relaxed my body, and soothed the soul!  If you try this, make sure you are using only pure organic oils (I have a few recommended sights on my sidebar) so you obtain their healing benefits and avoid any adverse reactions. If you click on each oil, I have linked them to sites that discuss all their healing benefits...it's quite amazing!

5 drops lavender
2 drops lemon
2 drops grapefruit
2 drops geranium
1 drop clary sage
3/4 cup dead sea salt (can use epsom salts or honey instead)

Put the essential oils into the salt and stir well.  Start your bath (make sure it's nice and warm) and pour the salt mixture into the running water.  After the salt is poured into the bath, swish the water to make sure the salt is distributed well.  You will be amazed at the beautiful aroma!  Keep your bathroom door shut to enjoy the full benefits of the oils.  Soak for 20-30 minutes.  Some relaxing music and candle light will only enhance your relaxing experience!

Side note - I slept with a drop of lavender and neroli oils on a cotton ball near my bed and had an excellent night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment