Friday, March 23, 2012

Whole Foods Friday: Coconut Curry Sweet Potato Soup with Greens

It's Whole Foods Friday!  Today I have a recipe that uses greens.  We get a lot of these wonderful vegetables in our co-op and I have found and a yummy way to use them up...


 *4 large mustard or 6 medium kale leaves, finely chopped
*1 very large or two medium sweet potatoes or yams
*1 large onion
*5 cups coconut milk
*2 cups chicken broth 
*2 T curry seasoning
*1 tsp powdered ginger
*optional - add two cups chopped, cooked chicken


 Place all your ingredients into a medium to large dutch oven.

 Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer on medium low for 30 minutes, until the greens and sweet potatoes are very soft.

This pairs well with fresh homemade sourdough bread or a side of buttered brown rice.  If you feel really exotic, then use some black forbidden rice (read more about this rice HERE) which can be found on amazon.

Disclaimer:  I am an affiliate for amazon.  I appreciate any business that you do with them from my site.  This helps to support my blog.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment