Thursday, August 29, 2013

Kombucha - Second Ferments



We are enjoying our Kombucha so much, thanks to Kombucha Kamp!  I love it right out of the tap; it's refreshing and fizzy, but another way we enjoy it is doing second ferments.  These are so easy to do and the fun part is being creative with what you add.  I love doing second ferments for flavor and increased fizz.

Pictured on this post this orange hibiscus.  Second ferments are typically done with fruits and herbs.  So far I have enjoyed using different fruits that are coming through my local co-op.  Some blends I have tried so far have been watermelon mint, nectarine, vanilla plum, and even cucumber mint.  I'm having a lot of fun coming up with different flavors.

Second ferments are quite easy to do and you can read more about them HERE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment