Thursday, August 8, 2013
Do You Belong to a CSA?
I love our CSA! I'm fortunate that here in SoCal, we can have a produce CSA year round. Not only do I get our weekly delivery, but I also love to buy things in bulk at discounted prices. I will often do this with strawberries and freeze them, as well as tomatoes, for making dehydrated tomatoes to enjoy in the winter on all kinds of things or for making pestos. Just look at all the lovely things we got this week! Yum!
So, why join an organic CSA?
1) I love being able to support local farmers!
2) Organic farmers treat the land and produce kindly, no use of pesticides!
3) The items in my CSA are fresh!! They last for a long time in the fridge.
4) Organic produce is higher in vitamins and other nutrients than conventional produce. Because it is fresh, that will just add to the nutritional value, which will start to decline once the produce is picked, so the sooner you can eat your produce, the better.
5) Your food will not be irradiated.
Do you belong to a CSA? I would love to hear why you love your CSA and what kinds of yummy things you are enjoying this summer!
And, coming up this weekend will be a post on my new continuous brew Kombucha maker. I can't wait to share all about it! If you want to read up on Kombucha in the meantime, check out Kombucha Kamp!
This post contains affiliate links. Buying from my links is just a way to say thank you for the upkeep of this blog. Your price remains the same whether you use my link or not. Thank you!