Thursday, August 9, 2012

Some of my Favorite Herbal Resource Books

Over the past two years, I have slowly been building up my herbal/aromatherapy/nutritional library.  It's been a lot of fun and I have found some very helpful books that are my go to books these days.  I thought it would be helpful to list some of these resources for those who are looking to learn more about herbs and want to incorporate them more into their lives.

For those of you who would like to go a step further and do a little bit of home study, Vintage Remedies (where I am getting my Clinical  Master Herbalist Degree) has a wonderful program geared for those who want to learn more about giving herbs to their families, but don't want to invest a lot of time into study.  It's called The Family Herbalist Program, and you can read more about it HERE.  This program is excellent for learning more about real foods, herbs, vaccines, safe cleaners, and more.  It inspired me to continue my studies as a Holistic Wellness Practitioner and Clinical Master Herbalist. 

Here are a few books that I have found to be particularly good resources:

For children, I like Naturally Healthy Babies and Children and Gentle Healing for Baby and Child.  I have used these books time and again for my son.  It's been wonderful to see how healing herbs can be and for little guy is almost 3 and thankfully has never had an antibiotic or even tylenol.

Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health


To help my family avoid antibitoics, this book has been a helpful resource; Herbal Antibiotics  (though I see that he just came out with a second edition, which I don't yet have).

And some general all around good books are The Green Pharmacy Handbook, Nutritional Herbology, and Practical Herbalism.

Nutritional Herbology : A Reference Guide to Herbs



Disclaimer:  I am an affiliate for amazon and vintage remedies.  Buying through my links is much appreciated and goes towards the costs of maintaining this blog.  Thank you!

(Featured on The Healthy Home Economist)


No comments:

Post a Comment