Friday, June 7, 2013

Pesto


Our new little arrival is almost 7 weeks!  Time is flying by and I am finally getting to the point where I can do a little more these days.  Today, I am making a big batch of pesto from loads of basil we got over the past week from our local CSA.

We love pesto.  I enjoy adding other greens to our pestos.  Today, I am adding some cilantro and parsley.  Cilantro is an excellent detoxing green and I love to use it fresh, especially in salads and pestos.  Parsley is an excellent source of minerals.  These both add a delicious taste to pestos and I'm looking forward to enjoying ours this weekend.

A few other greens I have added are arugula, radish greens, and mitzuna.  Have some fun experimenting with different greens to come up with some fresh zippy pestos you and your family can enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment