Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fruit Flavored Water - Make Your Own Vitamin Water; Part 2



I found this idea at The Yummy Life.  You can make your own vitamin water using fresh fruits and herbs.  The Yummy Life has a number of different recipes, or you can create your own (like I did!), with what you have on hand.   According to Monica, at The Yummy Life, the fruit will last for three days.  This water seems to get better the long it sits.  I just keep refilling the jars as we drink the water, and I leave them in the fridge so they stay nice and cold.

I chose not to put ice in my water because we filter our water before we drink it and I cannot make filtered water ice cubes fast enough to fill these jars.  I simply use this stainless steel funnel strainer when I pour out the water.  (I love this strainer by the way; great for filtering tea, too!)

When the three days is up, try adding the fruit to a smoothie (except of course things like citrus, that have the peel - remove that before consuming).

No more boring water around here!  And talk about pretty!  I love opening the fridge and seeing all those colors; I just can't get enough water these days...


For more combinations, check out the post at The Yummy Life.



The combinations I used in these jars from left to right:  orange and lemon with lemon verbena, strawberries, blueberries, and cucumber with mint and sage, white peach with lemon verbena.

(Featured on GNOWFGLINS, The Nourishing Gourmet, Food Renegade, Healthy Home Economist, GNOWFGLINS, The Nourishing Gourmet, The Healthy Home Economist, Homestead Revival, Real Food Forager, Traditional Tuesdays, GNOWFGLINS, The Nourishing Gourmet)

2 comments:

  1. THANKS! I have been trying to recreate HINT water to save money...I couldnt get my blackberry water to come close AT ALL! But I never thought about letting it sit for a few days! THANK YOU for posting!

    ReplyDelete