Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Seaweed Shaker

I love all of the health benefits to adding seaweed to your diet.  I will often throw a couple of tablespoons into dishes like chili, pasta, and soups.  Sometimes I forget, so I found a great and easy way to shake a little onto our meals is making my own seaweed shaker.  I just used an old glass salt shaker and put a little of each seaweed I had on hand inside.


This blend has kelp powder, sea lettuce flakes, dulse, and nori flakes.


Here is my well shaken blend, labeled and ready to use!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! One of my little students used to tell me that his all time favorite meal is seaweed soup. I figure if an 8 year old loves it, I ought to give it a try!

    Do you know what the sodium content is like for seaweed? We try to eat lower sodium foods to help combat high blood pressure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Elevated blood pressure is sometimes linked with processed table salt which is completely different than natural pink salt or the salt you will find in seaweeds. I would recommend switching to pink salt (Dr. Mercola sells an excellent one that we use) and I would not be concerned about the sodium in the seaweed. I do recommend avoiding all processed foods, as they do contain the harmful form of sodium. This would be a great topic to post on in the future! Let me know if you have any other questions!

    ReplyDelete